Well, it's time for Tracy to have her heart worked on again. This time around the cardiologist is just going to close a hole that was created to increase blood flow throughout her body. It worked just fine for the last 8 yrs of her life but has caused her fingers to be blue and for her to be really short of breath. It was a trade-off basically. Better output from her heart but poor oxygenation. Sounds like a metaphor for life, huh! One series of trade-offs after another! Luckily this is going to be done in the cath lab where they run a thin tube into an artery in her groin and do the work by x-ray in real time. They aren't going to have to open her chest. Thank God for that!!! Her doctors are very experienced and Kortnie and I are certain we have the best group of pediatric cardiologists on her case. Tracy is very upbeat about everything and is just happy she won't have to have chest tubes or her chest cut on again. She will be in PICU at least overnight to monitor her tomorrrow after the procedure, but either Kortnie or I can stay with her in the room overnight. We just got back from Methodist Children's Hospital where we had her pre-admission labwork, x-rays, EKG, etc. done. Everyone was very kind to her and very fast and efficient. I do miss working at Methodist Hospital. They really have their act together there and you just have to go work somewhere else to realize it. I am really tired right now so I'll close. I will update the blog tomorrow night sometime after I get home and let everyone know how things went. Thanks to all who have expressed concern and voiced prayers on her behalf. We really do appreciate it.
Thanks again,
Scott
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
Prayers coming your way.. Hope all went well..
Traci
Post a Comment