Friday, September 25, 2009

Happy 11th birthday!!

Well, today is Tracy's 11th birthday. She was so excited when she got up this morning. I think that was the first time she has ever woke up with a smile on her face. She had to tell EVERYBODY that she saw that it was her birthday. She was so disappointed when she came home and told me that Ms. Liz (her bus driver) forgot it was her birthday. (Ms. Liz, you should be ashamed of yourself :) )
Just to give you a little update, Tracy has successfully entered the 4th grade. She still loves school as much as she did last year. She has another wonderful teacher. This time she has "a boy teacher". She knows all her letters pretty well and the sounds they make and is figuring out how to put the sounds together to make a word. I think the English Language is so hard to teach. Just when she thinks she has a rule figured out, there is always an exception to that rule. Then she looks at me like I'm changing all the rules on her. But for the most part, she is doing very well.
We did take Tracy to the hospital last week and had a 3-D CT done on her heart. I'm real anxious to see what they found. As of yet, the Dr. hasn't called us back but we didn't expect a phone call yet. She is doing so well so far. Since she has been with us, she has only had that one small bout with bronchitis last Jan. Other than that, she hasn't had fever, cold or even a sniffle. She just amazes me with how "healthy" she is. I will update more when we hear back from the Dr.
We did take a trip this summer to NY to visit some more family and show Tracy where I grew up. She really like it. It was a little cool for her but nothing a light jacket didn't take care of. She got to see her GG again and meet her Aunt Linda and a few cousins for the first time.
Here are some pictures from her birthday and recent events.





My first pair of toe socks



Kayuta Lake, NY

1st day of school

No comments: