I know I should have been updating and I have no excuse for not doing it. Everything has been going great. Actually better than great. Tracy is pretty much 100% all-American girl. She has adjusted so beautifully. I truly think that she feels that we are her forever family now. She used to do little subtle things that showed me that I was not her mother and she knew it. Now she does little subtle things that show me that she loves me as much as any little girl can love her mother. Just one small example is tonight we were eating pizza and she came and sat beside me. She was eating with one hand and she took her other hand and slipped it under my elbow. She always wants to have some sort of physical contact with me. She always holds my hand when we are out somewhere. We know we were so blessed with such a good girl.
She is also very smart. She is doing well in school and loves to go. She has a lot of friends and has even gone to a couple of slumber parties. She has started to read all by herself. I have posted a couple of more videos on our you-tube acct of her reading. Unfortunately, she is losing her Chinese at a very rapid rate. She DOES NOT like going to Chinese school on Sunday's anymore. I ask her if she's interested in calling her foster mom back in China and she says No, I can write to her. I am getting her to talk a little bit more about her life in China. I now know that she used to get to school everyday on the back of her foster mother's scooter. And that she used to eat lunch at school, not at home like we were told. She also says that where she is from, they get "big snow" (as she puts her hand up to her chest).
She was also trying to explain to me how her foster sister was born from her foster mother's belly but Tracy wasn't. She didn't seem upset or anything but this does tell me that Tracy has known all along that she was in foster care and they were not her biological family.
She just seems real a peace and knows that this is her permanent family and we love her as if she has been ours forever.
On Gotcha Day, my camera got dropped and broke (thanks mom) and I just got around to sending it away to get fixed so now I have a working camera. So needless to say, the pictures have been sparse, but that will change now. I will try to update more frequently and post more pictures. But here is a cute one with her brothers.






3 comments:
Well now I see what it takes to get you to update...It takes me coming to where you work and reminding you about your
" bloggy " peeps.. Actually you
came up to me, but that is just a technicality.. LOL !!.. Tracy is gorgeous!..See you tomorrow around work..
Traci
LID 5/18/06
WC application 11/06/08
www.journeytojasmine.blogspot.com
i am so glad that you updated your blog, I think about all of you all the time. I think Tracy is just the prettiest little thing in the world!!! Mooooreee pictures!!!
Love and blessings, Kristy
HOOK EM HORNS!!!!!
So glad your blog finally got some love and attention!
Sounds like Traci is doing well! So glad!
Post a Comment