Thursday, July 3, 2008

Another good day

Well, Tracy and I had another good day. I know a few of you that are following our blog that have already been here have a better understanding of what is going on. For everyone else, a good day means no major meltdowns. Tracy still won't let me touch her or have much interaction without being directly told to do something with me (even then it's hit and miss) especially when Scott is around. For her to interact with me in the slightest way, we have to send Scott away for a while. At dinner tonight, she didn't want some fruit that was on her cake and she offered it to Scott, but when he refused it, she did offer it to me without being told to. To me that is a big deal. And she is offering me a piece of gum every time she takes a piece (after baba, of course). I did give her a bath tonight. Scott had to help me get her in the tub then he left the room. She was not happy about it, but went along. She does smile at me more and more. I do have to say the past 36 hours have definitely been on an upswing. She is tolerating me more and more. I think she is finally realizing she has no choice. She still doesn't like it when I try to hug her or kiss her. So I have to sneak attack her from behind. And she will yell at me but I do it anyway. (Note to ZFB- I do tell her Wo Ai Ni and she hates it and yells at me but I do it anyway. I should probably do it more often but it makes her yell and pull away so I don't do it as often as you said I should. The funny thing is, I think she knows I love her, but is afraid to admit it to me that she knows. Does that make sense?) She loves her grandma and grandpa. She gets along very well with them. I posting a few more pictures. It's hard to get many good pictures of her because she hates her picture to be taken. But here's a few we got.
We went to the zoo today and that was a hot and miserable experience. The animals were so spread out and it is very hilly. We got lost in the zoo and couldn't find the exit. I think everyone was pushing heat exhaustion. Today was the first day it was so hot that I felt miserable. On the cab ride back to the hotel, Tracy threw up. Oh, that's one thing I don't think I've mentioned yet. She has gotten carsick EVERY time we go anywhere. No matter if it is a cab or bus. The plane ride should be fun (these are the times I don't mind her being attached to daddy :) Enjoy the pictures.





8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoo Hoo! Throw up is great! Make sure you have some kind of container when you travel. Leon can make the van all pretty and then she can be the first one to break it in! Take care and be strong and we will see you soon. Please let her know that Simone and I are looking forward to meeting her. I posted a blog too, if she wants to see a couple of pictures of us.
www.sposari.blogspot.com
It is not very cool, but it has a few pictures. Then when you get home, maybe you can help me make it look cooler! Take care.
By the way Scott, I like your blogs! :)

Anonymous said...

Movin along nicely. Thats nice. Cute, Daddys girl all the way. Still, don't get yourself down over that. She is comming around. The little steps you take will bring you closer and when she is ready she will open up and let you in. Enjoy the night.
Leon

Anonymous said...

Although it's still pretty rough, I'm glad to see that things are heading in the right direction with Tracy. It can't be easy for an 8 year old to say goodbye to everything she's ever know. But with time and prayer, she will come around and this difficult period will be nothing more than a distant memory for all of you.

Congrats on your beautiful girl!

Melanie
Fellow Nanjing Mom

sue williams said...

Good morning Kortnie and Scott!

Oh I do hope you have a good day today with Miss Tracey! I just keep thinking about you all day here. It might be hard to see the progress being so close to the situation, but you are making gains, and being offered gum! Yes, she is thinking about maybe, just maybe, if you aren't watching, sorta coming around maybe a-little, kinda in that pre-teen I'm in control kinda way! She may be trying hard to stay tough, save face and protect herself, but it's cracking and you will be there waiting open heartedly. And car sick to boot! As if travel in China isn't stressful enough! Maybe a change of cities will help too.

Just wanted to say good morning and wish you well,
sue

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that each day is better.. I am sure it will take time, but Tracy will be able to show you that she loves you..Have a good 4th of July...

Traci...
In New Braunfels

Amy said...

Congratulations on your new daughter! We'll be thinking about you and praying for you during the bonding process.

We can't wait to see you at home when you all are ready.

Amy, Jon, and Martina

Waitingfaithfully said...

Still following along, and it is wonderful to see Tracy making progress, the M & M purchase and offers of gum are a great start!

She sure is beautiful, and some day soon she will smile for her camera holding mama, willingly! Baby steps are tough, but as long as she keeps taking them,it'll happen. The loyalty she feels toward her foster mom, is huge I'm sure--but as someone else already pointed out, she knows how to love strongly and that will serve her well as time goes on!

Praying that things keep moving forward.

Blessings from SA~

Tina

Anonymous said...

FRED IT LOOKS TO ME EVRYTHING IS GOING WELL.I KNEW IT WOULD A HARD JOURNEY.TRACEY WILL ADJUST TO HER NEW LOVING MOM.TIME TAKES TIME.I RAISED MANY FOSTER CHILDREN AND MOST OF THE TIME IT TAKE A WHILE.GOOD LUCK!
STEVE KIDAN