Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Last day

Well, this is our last full day in China. Although we've really enjoyed our stay, we are ready to head home. Tracy is doing well as are Kortnie and I. I'm really dreading the flight home to be honest. Being in the air for 25+ hours is nothing to look forward to either. I'm going to have to give Tracy some dramamine to get her through the flight. We have an aisle seat on the longest leg from Tokyo to Detroit so that will more tolerable. I definitely got claustrophobic on the way from Detroit to Tokyo on the way here.
We have too much Chinese money on us right now and since changing yuan in dollars is a major headache, we have to spend it all today. I'm sure Kortnie and Tracy have some great ideas for this! I may have an idea or two myself actually. Well, it's early in the morning here and I'm going to get ready for our day. We have to be sworn in today at the U.S. consulate and we have group photos for the kids in the afternoon. Tracy will get to wear her red silk dress. She looks very pretty in that and actually seemed to enjoy wearing it. This will be my last blog from China, Kortnie may post and put some more pictures later. Thanks again for following us through our blog, and we'll be seeing a lot of you soon.
Scott

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great trip home...Hope to see y'all fairly soon...

Traci in New Braunfels...

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for all of you, am glad your trip was a success, and that you all had a great time. Hoping to see you all real soon. I've been keeping GG up on all your adventures. Have a safe return. Love ya, 'Aunt Linda

sue williams said...

Ohhhh, I wish I was there, I could really help the girls spend the yuan!! We will be thinking of you on that long trip back home, have a safe trip and let us know how you are doing when you catch up to yourselves in the USA!

sue

Anonymous said...

HAVE A SAFE AND COMFORTABLE TRIP HOME.TRACEY WILL ADJUST TO HER NEW HOME IN THE USA.THIS IS A BIG CHANGE FOR A YOUNG GIRL.ALL SHE WILL NEED IS PATINECE,KINDNESS AND LOTS OF LOVE.SHE IS SUCH A BEAUTIFUL INTELLIGENT GIRL.TRACEY IS LUCKY TO HAVE PARENTS AND A GREAT FAMILY IN HER LIFE.SOON YOU WILL BE ALL LIVING THE GOOD LIFE AT HOME.
STEVE KIDAN
MANY AT NORTH TRAIL RV ASKS EVERY DAY ABOUT YOUR HAPPENINDS AND ALL OF THEM WISH YOU GOOD LUCK.