Tuesday, July 1, 2008
I just want to thank everyone for all thier kinds words and thoughts. It has been a very difficult time for me and I'm not quite ready to talk yet which is why Scott has been posting. I know many of you want to see more pictures and today we are on our way to visit the Confucius Temple so I will post some pictures when we get back.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
Cool beans!!! How surprising that she had to agree. You know, though, as unbelievable as it may be to think of right now, that act of her saying "yes" may have alleviated a lot of resentment on her part in the future!!! I thought it harsh that ZFB got sent back to the orphanage for a week before we got there, but I think he figured that he was choosing the lesser of two evils and we weren't being compared directly to his foster family. You guys are going to do great once you get settled in!
We are thinking of you!!!
Amy, Dean, Zhong Fa & Zerika
Hi Kortnie and Scott,
Wow, what a whirlwind of emotion for all of you! I know that this has been an incredibly difficult time. It is such a blessing that Tracy was so well loved and loved her foster family so much in return. And it is horrifying to be the parents who feel like they are taking her away from all that she has. It is heart-breaking for her and for you. I wish that we all had the benefit of looking into the future and seeing all the miracles yet to come. I firmly believe that your relationship with Tracy will deepen and strengthen and endure. Baby steps at first, but you will all get there and so will she. Keep the faith. I know this is the hardest thing you've ever had to do. Kortnie, Tracy is going to have the best Mama ever, she just doesn't know that yet. And I have no doubt that she will ultimately be as fiercely loyal to you, as she has been to to her foster Mom. And for that, we will all be grateful. It's just getting there that's the hard part. She's trying to stay loyal to the family she's been with all this time and it's so hard for her. I know everything must feel like it's going wrong right now, but I have a lot of faith in you both, and in Tracy. You are doing a GREAT job. Just meet her where she is and don't despair. Baby steps each day. Email me if you need me. I am here for you. You guys are the best! I don't know any other families who could face this level of difficulty and be doing such a good job. I think the world of you! -Mara
Kortie and Scott,
I am another Nanjing Mom! My heart is aching for y'all and many prayers are being said! Thank you for being honest about all the emotions!
Jodi
p.s. please check out another Nanjing Mom's blogs - she adopted an older child last year - it was very hard but they are doing great now!
www.catching-butterflies.blogspot.com
www.catchingbutterflietwo.blogspot.com
Post a Comment