Hi all, this is Scott once again. We've been in Guangzhou for a few days now and we're having a great time. This place is definitely set up for Americans adopting Chinese children. There are a TON of us Americans with kids everywhere you look. All the shops have names like " Susan's Place", or "Helen's Hideout" or some such name. They really cater to us in every imaginable way. It's not all commercial though. Tracy and I went to the town square and played badminton this morning and ran into two young Chinese girls named "Missy" and "Serena" (not their real names I suspect) who wanted to practice their English, so they played badminton with us and fanned me intermittently (I was sweating like a pig) and asked me about our life in the U.S.A. and if I liked the Chinese people. I assured them I loved the Chinese people, especially when they fanned my fat self in the Guangzhou heat! They really were genuine and very friendly. I love the people here! There is no artifice in them. How refreshing!!! I've left out the best part! There are groups of kids here in town that we call the "yellow-shirt mafia". They are kids about 5-6 yrs old who go to English speaking schools during the summer. These kids are accompanied by their teacher and run up to you with their little notebooks and say, "hello my name is (fill in some American name here), may I know your name? And then they proceed with asking you favorite color, etc. Then you write your name in their little notebook. They are much too cute for words. They are running in herds of 10-20 and you just CAN'T say no!! I've had the best time with them. Kortnie and I are posting a picture of one little girl who accosted Kortnie and I outside of the 7-11. I did take some video of them, I'll check with Kortnie to make sure it came out O.K. and post it if I can. If not, we'll see them again tomorrow, there is scads of them on this island. Too fun!!
Most of the families in our group went to eat at a local Thai food restaurant this evening. We had such a great time! The food was spectacular, the company was fantastic. There were so many beautiful little girls there! One little girl is named An Yi, my wife will definitely post a picture of this little one. Her skin is the most perfect alabaster you have every seen. She is too sweet for words! So many kids with so much to offer to their families. We are having such a good time. Kortnie and Tracy had a good evening at the restaurant. I decided to switch seats with Kortnie so that Tracy and her could spend some time next to each other. A little girl named McKenzie who is the daughter of some new friends of ours sat across from her and engaged her in conversation throughout the meal and eventually won her over. This 11 yr old is such a sweet child and is so genuine and kind every one who meets her wants to clone her and take one home just like her! We plan on swimming with her and her mom and dad tomorrow so that Tracy and her can make friends. We will post some more pictures here in a little bit once Kortnie is out of the shower. I'm much too incompetent with her laptop to do this in a smooth fashion, so I'll leave it to the expert. I'll be blogging at ya' soon.
Btw, I got the message from you guys in MSICU! Thanks for logging on and saying hi! I miss you guys and will be seeing you soon!! I can't wait for you all to meet our newest family member either!
Scott
yellow-shirt mafia
An Yi
Can you say "Tourist?"
Mom & Dad at Chen Family Temple

4 comments:
Hi all, I am sure that you are anxious to come home, I am also sure that you have had so many different experiences with all of this, and are happy that you had the opportunity to do it. Have a great remaining time in China. Love ya, Aunt Linda
Looks like things are going well. As you know, the fam is keeping tabs tabs on the trip. It's good to hear Tracy and Kort are continuing to bond. Baby steps!!! Enjoy! TTYS
Leon
Grandma Bev told me about your website, it is very interesting!
I enjoyed the pictures of your family.
I am praying that you will have a good and safe trip home with your new daughter.
Good luck and God bless you and your family,
Nancy and Les Trainor
I AM GLAD EVERTHING IS GOING WELL.YOUR EXPERIENSES MUST BE LIKE YOUR IN ANOTHER WORLD.I CAN SEE FREDS HAVING A GREAT TIME.!
STEVE KIDAN
Post a Comment