OK, about the BBQ, Sue, you are right. Texas BBQ vs. Chinese BBQ- not the same. I ate most of what they were serving. There were a few things I refused, but I did very well. And once people started talking about what was being served, I was done. I couldn't go on. And I still don't want to know exactly what I was eating. All that talk about the food being similar to the USA was thrown out the window yesterday. But it was all still good. I enjoyed everything I did try. There were things I wouldn't eat again but they were OK the first time.
Now it's about 6am and we are going to get dressed, go eat breakfast, then meet in the lobby at 9:15am to go to..........OMG!! Is it really here? Is it really going to happen today! We've been up for about 1 hour. It gets light here early in the morning. Right now the sun is up pretty far in the sky. It seems to start rising at about 4:30am because that's what time I've been getting up because it's too bright out. But it doesn't seem to get dark that much earlier.
I had a dream this morning that there were 4 couples that got there children (Tracy and 3 younger children). We had to meet at a later time (not sure if it was a week later or a month or ??) but we had sort of a "contest" that the kids were being judged for to see which child has adjusted and attached the best by this particular time point. I use the term contest instead of evaluation because the kids got medals (gold, silver, bronze and 4th place). One child was disqualified (for unknown reason) so I was thinking that we were at least going to get third place. But in my dream, Tracy had bonded very well and was acting just like one of my other children, but since the other couples had babies, they had also bonded well. Anyways, Tracy ended up winning 1st place and she was so happy she just kept hugging us. What does this mean? Is it a good sign or hopeful thinking? I know we had good communication in my dream but I can't remember how. I don't remember if she was speaking English, I was speaking Chinese or we had the point-n-grunt thing down. It's funny how when you try to remember dreams, some parts are so fuzzy.
Joseph and Vincent- I'm going to try to call you Monday morning (your time). I love and miss you guys very much. I hope you are being good. Write to me!!! Love Mom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
Hey Kortnie,
You might have Tracy now!!! THat gave me goose bumps! Can't wait to see her with you.
I can't believe you tried all that BBQ! Jia kept reaching for the skewers while they were carving off the meat (or organs!, sorry for the faint of heart) I just knew we would need to explain to the CCAA why we had let her get a finger amputated the first day!
So glad you can keep us posted, it is such fun to follow along. Love the dream, a gold medal for bonding!
Hi Tracy!
sue, arlie and Jia
Hello from San Antonio! Thanks for letting us follow along. Can't wait to see pictures of you with your new daughter, praying things are going well on your Gotcha!
Blessings~
Tina & Bryan Winder and family
~ Home from China one month tomorrow with our new daughter, Theadora Fu Xiao "Teddi",age 3, from Gaungdong Province! Life is good!
Post a Comment