Saturday, June 28, 2008

We came, we saw, we conquered

"The Great People"
Dad climbing the wall (and mom waiting down below in white shirt)


Tiananmen Square

OK, We are now officially Great People because we have climbed the Great Wall. The pictures that you may have seen don't do the wall any justice. It was very steep and very hard to climb. It was a foggy/misty day which made the weather cooler, but made the view not so good. It also made the steps very slippery. So, for you BTDT people, not only were they steep, uneven and worn but also wet.
We also went to the Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square. Some things that are different than expected is that it's not as crowded as I thought. It's more crowded at Six flags than here. And the weather has been beautiful. It has been pretty cool (I was even cold for a short time at the Great Wall) and the traffic isn't really that bad. I think the rush hour traffic is much worse in San Antonio and the way they drive seems to flow smoothly for the most part. Maybe they are really that bad in Texas so I'm used to it. Also, the food has been delicious. I expected it to be very different than back home but it's not. A little but not too much. We will see how it is in the province. I'm sure things will be very different in Nanjing. Well, I better close for now and get packed up. We leave for Nanjing in a couple of hours. Hopefully I won't have any problems with the Internet connection at our next hotel. Here are some more pictures from earlier.

No comments: