
Boy, it was very hard to find the right little picture for today's blog entry for Father's Day. I wasn't sure if I should make it a general picture for all fathers or something more personal for my father. This kind of does both. It reminds me of the time him and I went camping up at Lake Lila. Actually, I don't remember if we even went fishing that time or not but I do remember going on that camping trip on the motorcycle, just him and I. I know he always made it a point to do special things with me. Now, as an adult, looking back at my dad, he was a very patient and understanding dad, and has made me a better parent to my own children because of it. He has taught me many different ways I can make a difference in this world. So here's to all the Dads, enjoy this day as well as the rest of the year.






2 comments:
Yes, you are indeed very lucky to have a great father like my brother. I know because he is always so caring about his family, me included, and he is also caring about others. I could not have hand picked a nicer brother. I know that I had a great father also, who loved us very much. Just as I know that my children had a wonderful loving father that thought the world of his kids. Keep us posted about your next ventures coming up. I am so excited for you, wish I was going with you. Hi to the kids for me. Love ya, Aunt Linda
I am inspired to write a little something. I remember those weekend trips, hunting and camping. More notably for me, is the pulling of brush after dad cut down the trees. FIREWOOD! God, I hated that word...but it sure felt good on a cold winter night to have some firewood burning. I believe dad taught me things do not come easy, if things do come easy, they probably aren't worth much.
In my job, I have always tried to do what others are not willing to do. I enjoy challeges, I can not say I am fearless, but I have courage. Dad, you gave me that courage!!! Thank you! You gave me work ethics, although, I disliked every Saturday morning, getting one load of firewood before breakfast!!! I am sorry dad, the Navy has taught me, I work much better after food and coffee ;-) I love you!
Post a Comment