Thursday, June 12, 2008

Our Itinerary

We received our itinerary from when we land in Beijing till we leave China as a family of 5 back to the USA. This is what it looks like:
6/25/08-leave San Antonio-Detroit-Tokyo-Beijing
6/26/08-arrive Beijing at 9:35pm
6/27/08-free day in Beijing
6/28/08-Sightseeing Tour of the Great Wall, Forbidden City, TianAnMen Square
6/29/08-leave Beijing-arrive in Nanjing at 9:20am (free rest of day)
6/30/08- 10:00AM- WE PICK UP TRACY!!!!!!!
7/1/08-7/05/08-various paperwork, sightseeing, bonding, shopping in Nanjing-pick up Tracy's passport on the 4th of July
7/05/08-Fly to Guangzhou-arrive at 12:45pm
7/6/08-Sightseeing (free day)
7/7/08-Child photos and medical exam
7/08/08-Consulate Appt. 9:30am
7/09/08-American Consulate Interview and pick up her visa
7/10/08-8:20am-Fly back to Tokyo-Detroit-San Antonio.
Tracy will be a US citizen when we land in Detroit.
Well, that's our trip in a nutshell. Other than this, things have been pretty slow around here. I hope it's not the calm before the storm.
Our guides in Beijing and Nanjing will be Veronica and in Guangzhou will be Kelly. I read numerous of great things about these 2 from other people who have already travelled (although all the guides I hear are great).
It's starting to get closer and it's getting harder and harder to hold back the excitement. I really have only 8 more days because my parents will be flying to SA from Ft. Myers, FL and June 21st (they are going with us) and I will be very busy while they are here so time will fly by.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wohoo!!! We are in the same travel group! Your Tracy is an absolutely beautiful young lady!
How awesome that we will be in Nanjing together!
Hugs,
Peggy